Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Best of times worst of times

Such horrors we have faced since my last post.  I've avoided sharing because I have no good to share and each day brings greater trials.  However something simple, lovely and happy happened today that I will choose to share while I build up the nerve to share the rest of the story.

This morning A and I decided to have a mental health-stay in bed day.  However, I did not have money in my account to pay rent and so it became necessary to run to the bank (and get breakfast at McDonalds, our favorite, on the way back).  I walked into the bank, filled out my slip, took my lose change to the change machine (which made all sorts of racket) and then proceeded to the teller.  Before me was a beautiful human being.  That's the only way I can say it.  He was so nice looking.  And then I remembered.  I cried almost all night last night, woke up this morning, put on a bra and drove to the bank.  My hair was dirty and out of control, no makeup, and I was still in my PJs.  And there was him.  Mr. Sam Jones his nametag said.  And I kicked myself, the one day I do nothing to improve my appearance I meet this beautiful creature. And then I realized, it doesn't matter because beautiful people are douchebags so I'm in the clear. So he asked 'may I help you?' and I handed him my deposit.  And he had the sweetest smile.  He asked where I worked, we chatted about M, teaching piano, how early it was.  The whole time I was thinking WHY TALK TO ME TODAY.  And then I left and planned on returning to the bank every day until I saw him again.

A and I returned to our beds and watched movies nearly the rest of the day.  About three quarters of the way through movie 2 R texted me that she just left PNC and a GUY THERE REMEMBERED SEEING ME.  He saw she worked at M and, apparently, mentioned "A girl named Lauren with long, beautiful, red hair". So yeah.  It has now become my mission to see him again.  Day made.

No comments:

Post a Comment